Sometimes, just the act of venting is helpful. Counselling provides a safe haven for precisely that kind of free-ranging release: You can say things in the counsellor’s office, with the counsellor present, that could be inciteful or hurtful in your living room.
PURPOSE OF COUNSELLING
PEOPLE USUALLY ASK
- Why does anyone need counselling?
- Do I really need counselling?
- How can someone who does not even know me want to help?
- What is the point of counselling?
IMPORTANCE OF COUNSELLING
Counselling helps people come through challenging life situations, such as the death of a loved one, divorce, difficult relationships, natural disasters, school and college stress, the loss of a job – especially during this pandemic, to name just a few.
- Counselling gives a listening ear
- Counselling helps with anger management, coping with depression and stressors, and relationship-building.
- Counselling builds confidence and esteem, and helps to figure out life direction and goals
- Counselling helps resolve trauma and improve communication.
These are just two precious individuals who are living today only because of timely counselling. There are hundreds and thousands who need our ears to listen and our hearts to love and do.
- Anya, a 25-year-old pregnant woman from a semi urban area was brutally injured by her husband.Unable to even walk and with no one in the locality who was bold enough to assist her, she reached out.An ambulance brought her over and after the immediate medical intervention she was in a counselling program which spanned over several months. If we were not there to listen and empathize, she would have ended her very life. We were able to coordinate and give her the help she required both pre- and post-natal. However, this happened while she was being actively heard. She was made whole and was able to get back to normal life.
- Ram walked in one evening highly strung and the only thing he said was that if we were not able to help him by a particular date, he was going to kill himself. He had given us three days to help him. Well a sheer miracle, the miracle of a non-judgemental, empathetic hearing helped him come out of his frame of mind and
Our Counselling programmes
- HELPLINE FROM 9 AM TO 6 PM
- FACE-TO-FACE INTERACTION
- VIRTUAL COUNSELLING ON GOOGLE MEET / WHATSAPP/ MESSENGER
- ONE-DAY PROGRAMMES ON DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF LIFE AND HOW TO COPE
- WORKSHOPS FOR COUNSELLORS